Important Information on Receiving Your Order:When a shipment leaves the point of origin it belongs to the assignee (you). The shipment is covered by the carriers’ insurance and applicable freight regulations. Please follow the procedures as outlined below to avoid any problems with your shipment.
1. When your order reaches the freight dock in your city, the freight line will call you to arrange delivery.
2. You must have someone home to accept delivery and unload the truck. Most large, truck shipped items come with curbside
delivery and they can be heavy and cumbersome. Most orders are Palletized and shrink wrapped to prevent damagaes during shipping. To unload the shipment safely, it is best to cut the shrink wrap and uload the items piece by piece. Please have enough manpower
on hand to safely off-load your items. Lift gate trucks are available
at an additional charge should you chose to pay the fee. The driver is
not required to assist you in unloading your merchandise, fortunately
most drivers are helpful.
4. Check the number of cartons against the number specified on the bill of lading. Make a written notation on the way-bill-of-laden (freight bill) if there are any missing cartons. I.E: “one carton missing”
5. Any carton that appears to be damaged in any way should be opened and inspected. If you suspect any damage, open the carton in front of the driver. Notate any damage items or damaged cartons just in case damage is discovered later. I.E.: “Carton end crushed” or “Visible damaged”
6. If any carton appears to have been opened and resealed, it must be noted on the freight bill as possible shortage. Note any damage or shortage on the delivery sheet and the driver must sign the receipt with the notations before you sign it. I,E.:”Open boxes, possible missing parts”
7. Open and inspect all cartons immediately after you receive your order.
8. DO NOT REFUSE THE SHIPMENT! (With one exception) Refusing a shipment will only delay the re-order and freight claim by weeks and you will be responsible for any storage and/or delivery charges incurred by the refusal. IMPORTANT: Shipments from the Mason Corporation are to be refused if received damaged. Mason Corporation is the only manufacture with this refuse when damaged policy.
9. In the event of damage during shipping, KEEP THE DAMAGED ITEMS! Once the freight claim is filed, the carrier may (will) request an inspection of the damaged items and the related packaging. After the claim is settled, the carrier may choose to pick up the damaged merchandise. We will inform you if the items are to be picked up or sent back to us. DO NOT DISPOSE OF THE ITEMS, unless we advise you to do so. If the merchandise is not available for pick up, you will be charged for all damaged items in addition to the replacement items less any monies received from the claim from the freight carrier.
10. Contact us at 1 888 814 7531 if there are any damages or shortages.
Note any damages or possible damages on the shipping paper work that
the driver gives you to sign before you sign it, retain a copy and then
call us. A freight claim will need to be filed. We will ask you for pictures
and a copy of the signed freight paper work. We will file the claim on